laupäev, 17. märts 2012

The man begged to go with Him.

Today I read the verses Mark 5:18-20, where Jesus heals the guy that had a legion of demons in him. The fact that he was healed was not what got to me. I was more touched by the passages where the guy asked Jesus to stay with Him and Jesus said no and told him to go home and tell his story of what had happened to him.

I found myself in that story. I too often feel that I stay inside the church doors and at home where it's comfortable and everyone speaks the religious language. But God wants us to go out and share what God is doing in our lives. No time to feel comfortable. If we don't share, nothing will happen to us, sure. But that's the point - what's the use of the miracle then? Yes, we'll be well but how much more would it do if we shared it with others and to story itself about God's mercy and power would start living it's own life and affect people I don't even know that hear about it?

This astounds me. Totally awesome that the guy listened to Jesus and went back and told everything Jesus had done ..."and all the people were amazed". :D

Do we even notice the stories in our lives that are to share with others?

Kommentaare ei ole: