esmaspäev, 7. detsember 2009

The one question

I've discovered that I have few readers that don't understand Estonian. So I'll write some posts in English, if it's not too deep and difficult to write in English. :)

Anyways.

I have this hobby: postcrossing. I've always wanted to write something that is not just "Happy postcrossing!". And now I'm asking every receiver the following question:

If you could have one gift this Christmas that did not have any limitations, what would it be?

So far I've received one answer to that: to celebrate Christmas with my family, to be healthy and all the best for 2010!



Pretty good. My dad said that he would like to have a new VW transporter. The rest of us tried to explain him that there are NOOOOO limitations. The new car seems to be pretty unreachable and yet it is soooo needed. Oh well. It's one of my prayer list for some time now.

I'm finding that it is really hard to answer. I struggle with selfishness. If I had the one wish I should wish something good to happen to the whole world. Like peace on Earth or no hunger or no sicknesses etc.

Let's say that this is my first choice. What would it be when I can have that one gift for me? And again it's a struggle. I feel like what ever I wished for, God already has planned for me and all I have to do is wait and see. A good husband, nice family, a house, the car etc. You know? When I think about the plan that God has for me (which I don't know anything about that much), I feel confident. But when I look at where I am now, I don't have that much confidence about the future. Very controversial, don't you think?

What would it be for you? Or even if you can't see above the limitations: what would you like to have for Christmas this year?

Or lets put it the other way: If you had no limitations of giving someone else a gift then what would it be?

I think that's sort of easy for me: I wish that my parents had their own house, nice and comfortable and big enough to host all his grown-up kids! :)

What you?

1 kommentaar:

Anthony ütles ...

I can identify with the Volkswagon Transporter wish! Sooo useful!

I can think of a few possessions I want, like a new tube preamp for my guitar or a new differential for my car.

But I think the things most people really want aren't possessions. Christians have hope in the knowledge that God has no limitations, but those who don't know him can only hope in themselves or in lies. I think we underestimate how much people are crying out for God. I think the best gift we could give to others is God's love and the hope he brings. Why do we stay silent? Why don't we act?