reede, 12. oktoober 2012

Release His Power

I’ve head the thought that when we are feeling down or things are not going well for us, we should still be thankful and praise God. I always thought that this is something a good Christian would do – give thanks to God and find positive things in your life when you’re feeling negative.

But I could never fully grasp the idea behind it. Why do I have to show gratitude when I don’t feel being grateful. Why do I have to search for the positive things when things are bad. Why can’t I just whine to God honestly about my problems and let Him fix them for me?

Theoretically I can understand how it takes the mind off from the bad things and help us focus on the good in life but I never understood the affect it would have on my life.

So I couldn’t really do the “thanking thing”.

I had this problem in my life that was rather annoying and despite the fact that I was praying for it to get better, it still didn’t. The people are the same around me, doing the same things they do. You know when you have a person in your life that you can’t avoid being in contact, so you just shut them out and ignore them, so you wouldn’t agitate yourself? That was my tactics for a certain person but it didn’t seem to help all that much.

But for some reason God has pushed me to deal with the problem, instead of ignoring it. One of my newest friends kept asking me about how I’m dealing with the person and sending me these quotes and Bible verses of encouragement. My tactics had stayed the same – ignore and not communicate that much. And at the same time I prayed for the person as well. It even seemed to be working.

I guess we all know this is not the right solution. I didn’t feel like finding another solution either up until my friend sent me a link of a sermon with the title “God Is in Your Most Desperate Situation” by Ney Bailey.

And there was this golden quote for me:

“I attribute it to the fact that when you praised God for what you didn’t like, when you thanked God for what you didn’t like, you brought God into the negative, and you released His power to work.” 

Wow. What an ignorant person I’ve been! Why do I always have to make everything about me? Why do I (despite the experiences that tell me otherwise) think I can do it on my own?

As soon as I acknowledge God being right there with me, I give away the power to Him, so He could do what’s best for me and for the others involved. And my worrying wrinkles loosen up and disappear because I trust God to work “His magic”.

That’s where the free will comes in – do we let God help us and guide us? We freely have to give the control over to Him so He could make the best of our lives.

And if there’s just one thing you need to know about God – He IS the LOVE and from out of love only good things can happen!

Kommentaare ei ole: