teisipäev, 9. oktoober 2012

Whatever happens.....rejoice in the Lord!


“Whatever happens, my dear brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord. I never get tired of telling you these things, and I do it to safeguard your faith.” (Philippians 3:1)

More and more I’m convinced that in order to be strong in nowadays harsh world, we need others to be on our side. Yes yes, we need Jesus, we need His love, strenght and patience and all there is to get from Him. But often we are human (I'd say 100% of our time) and we need people around us to stay focused on Jesus. And why not have the stronger ones at our sides who are in a good place and remember and believe and acknowledge the promises and love God has for us.

Often we want to surround ourselves with people who are in the same situation as us, because they understand us. Especially when we are in the lows. But is it wise? I think not so much. Unless both of the people have the desire to work on getting out of the low. And working on it real hard.

I went through my low a year ago. If I had people around me who would be in the same situation, I couldn’t have focused on getting out of it, I would’ve focused on the self-pity and if not that, then helping the other one to feel better. Good chance that I'd be at a better place after helping the other one get out of the pit but I'm pretty sure it would take more time and energy. For some people it might be the only way.

But it’s so important to be around those who have more Jesus in them in an obvious way. They are strong and can help us to get to a good place too. They have the “common sense” in remembering and actually believing in the better future. Often they are more open to the message of good news and plans for your life.

If you are going through rough times and you have no strength left to get yourself out of it – put your effort into keeping close to the ones that are doing better than you. Let their light and love that is overflowing from having so much of it, pour down on you and lift you up.

The strong ones – lets never get tired of rejoicing in the Lord and doing it loud and clear! You never know who needs it around you! And if you DO know who needs it – take your time and help a sibling out! I say lets make it a lifestyle to love and encourage one another loud and clear!

“Whatever happens, my dear brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord. I never get tired of telling you these things, and I do it to safeguard your faith.” (Philippians 3:1)

2 kommentaari:

t. ütles ...

jaa, absoluutselt! ja selle kirjakoha uuesti lõppu kirjutamine oli väga super mõte. nagu meel oleks olnud rohkem ärgas seda mõistma :)

Anonüümne ütles ...

Supper mõte -ümbritse end raskel ajal nendega, kel läheb sinust paremini!! See ju ka üks osa enese raskuse tunnistamisest!
Ole õnnistatud kullake!